Our staff and the Houston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work award agree: Velentium is one of the best companies to work for in Houston. We were recently ranked No. 5 among Houston-based medium businesses! This award recognizes companies in the Houston area that demonstrate a positive company culture and employee appreciation. Last year, we ranked at No. 18 among small businesses.
We don’t pay lip service to our staff (“Velentonians”) being part of a corporate “family.” Velentium exists to change lives for a better world, starting with our staff and their families. Our commitment is exemplified through compensation and benefits – including generous physical and mental healthcare coverage, paid time off, and retirement plans.
Velentium expects 40-45 hours on average from each full-time staff member, but we know that not every week is so cut-and-dry. Some weeks, a project demands more time. Other weeks, staff need to leave early, start late, or step out midday to be with family – especially so during the pandemic. We want staff to work with their managers and their team to ensure not work-life “balance,” but a sustainable work-life “fit.” Circumstances shift the work-life “balance” week by week, but if we have a good overall “fit” between the two, everyone is satisfied. We never want to morph into an organization that polices how and when people work. All of us here care about productivity, keeping our promises, and communicating proactively.
Final rankings for the Best Places to Work awards were revealed during a "Team Spirit"-themed luncheon at the Marriott Marquis on November 4. The complete Best Places to Work rankings and writeup appeared in the HBJ's weekly edition on November 5.
Growth and Investment
This important recognition in the Houston community comes on the heels of key announcements regarding Velentium’s continued growth and expansion. We recently announced a growth recapitalization in partnership with Connecticut-based Great Point Partners (GPP), a leading health care investment firm. GPP’s investment will allow Velentium to scale national operations and fuel emerging opportunities as part of its global expansion and mission to develop life-changing technologies. In 2021, Velentium exceeded 100 employees, opened enrollment for its embedded cybersecurity training, and expanded its intelligent testing services in the energy sector.
Illustrating further growth, Velentium was ranked No. 1,424 on the Inc. 5000 list this year with three-year revenue growth of 333%, leapfrogging the firm’s own previous rank by more than 1,000 places. Most recently, the company was among the top 100 companies from around the world selected for the 17th annual Aggie 100 list, which honors the fastest-growing companies founded by former students of Texas A&M University.
Velentium’s additional recognition in 2021 includes:
- Alongside partner Spark Biomedical, the company was named Houston’s ‘Most Innovative’ by the Houston Business Journal’s 2021 Innovation Awards. The companies were jointly honored for designing and manufacturing lifesaving, patient-ready neurostimulation devices that help adults, children and newborns safely recover from opioid addiction.
- Velentium’s role in “Project V,” in which the company worked on the frontlines in the fight against COVID-19 alongside Ventec Life Systems and General Motors to help mass-manufacture ventilator systems to meet increasing critical care demand, was selected as an honorable mention in the “Pandemic Response” category of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards.
- CEO Dan Purvis and COO Tim Carroll were named Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2021 Gulf Coast Area Award
- Cybersecurity Insiders recognized Velentium’s work in advancing medical device cybersecurity – through its book Medical Device Cybersecurity for Engineers and Manufacturers, its training courses, and consulting and engineering services – with multiple placements at the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
- magazine revealed that Velentium is No. 117 on its second annual Inc. 5000 Regionals: Texas list, the most prestigious ranking of the fastest-growing Texas-based private companies.
We’re grateful that despite the challenges, hardships, and griefs the pandemic visited upon all of us, every year at Velentium has been its best so far. Look out, 2022! Here we come.
Velentium is currently hiring! Click here for a list of job openings and our online application.