Join us now to change lives for a better world.
Velentium is growing rapidly and recently surpassed 100 staff members. Demand for Velentium’s services continues to accelerate, due to factors including:
- Awareness of Velentium’s success with Project V, the emergency ventilator manufacturing effort undertaken in 2020 in partnership with Ventec Life Systems and General Motors, for which we delivered seven months’ work in just six weeks to enable the production of 30,000 ICU ventilators for hospitals combating COVID-19.
- Velentium’s cultural emphasis on efficiency, consistency, and open communications, stemming from our identity (Velentium = Velocity, Momentum, and Ingenium (Talent)) plus our core values: Honorable, Results++, and Humble Charisma. We strive to be people our customers enjoy working with now and in the future.
- Insight derived from our ability to deliver end-to-end solutions from design, development, regulatory submissions, manufacturing, through to postmarket support.
- Velentium’s acquisition of Oasis Testing in late 2020, which brought together expertise in high-pressure high-temperature testing and automated test systems powered by intelligent real-time data acquisitions and insights. We are leading the future of testing for non-medical sectors as well as medical, including energy and consumer manufacturing.
- Robust stateside medical manufacturing, conducted at our facility less than a mile from oversight and response from our design, development, and systems engineering team.
- Regulatory evolution for medical devices in major markets, include EU MDR and the increasing focus on cybersecurity worldwide, driving up the high standards expected by regulators, purchasers, and consumers.
- Increasing awareness and demand for cybersecurity expertise, as bad actors continue to disrupt businesses, public utilities, and even healthcare delivery using ransomware and other threats, combined with a growing cybersecurity skills gap, are driving interest in Velentium’s newly-launched embedded cybersecurity training & certification program.
- Innovative companies and partners all over the world are creating new & improved IP that is potentially capable of delivering patients from chronic, life-threatening, or life-limiting conditions. It’s a great time to be in the medical device field, and greatly satisfying to help bring transformative medical technologies to market!
Whether contracting us for the entire product lifecycle or just one phase, Velentium delivers long-term, whole-systems perspective from the top minds in the industry. Through a combination of new hires and internal appointments, Velentium has developed a Technical Director team to better serve our customers and support our staff. Each director has a specific area of focus, drawing on multiple decades of exposure and acquired expertise to mentor and assist clients and team members. The directors oversee:
- Systems Engineering
- Firmware Engineering
- Human Factors Engineering (including mobile apps and cloud-based applications)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Design
- Embedded Cybersecurity
- Automated Test Systems
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Strategic Initiatives
Additionally, in late 2020, Velentium acquired Oasis Testing to expand our intelligent testing services in the energy sector. Our Solutions division offers testing to standards and modular automated test systems, as well as on-site servicing and service technician training; design, development, and servicing for non-medical industrial and consumer products; and product manufacturing, testing, and servicing (with 23,000 square feet of manufacturing space and a Class 7 Clean Room available).
Due to its growth, Velentium is now hiring for a number of open roles—including positions for software engineers, hardware engineers, technical project managers, mechanical engineers, and more—viewable here. Successful candidates are honorable people who are fun to be around and driven to excel in their careers, and who want to help provide our customers and clients with solutions to the most challenging problems.
In 2020, we were recognized with eight awards, including No. 18 for Best Places to Work in Houston from the Houston Business Journal, No. 32 on Inc. 5000’s national ranking of the fastest-growing privately held engineering companies, and a TX-22 Good Will Distinction Recipient from the U.S. Congress for our work on Project V.
If you are driven to solve challenging problems using the full breadth of your capabilities and want to be part of a growing organization operating at the forefront of emerging technologies, then check us out. You may be exactly the person we are looking for. Learn more and apply here.
Our rapid expansion is a full-company effort, and we are excited to see what the future brings!